– Film “Lorik” started its festival life. Shooting began in 2016, in the atmosphere of deep apathy and despair in our society. And now against the background of recent events in Armenia it is obvious that the film turned out to be a prophecy…
– In 2015, when we with Mikael Poghosyan – the author of the idea, co-author of the script and the performer of the principal character began thinking over the script, one of the main goals was to give the film a social sounding. I wanted to do this not in a nauseating trivial form but to retreat from the stamps so that to give hope to the viewer tired of aimless political gossip.
As a result, the film, as the viewer will see himself, turned out to be burning. Many of the shots thought about and filmed two or three years ago resonate with the recent events. The revolution took place not only on the streets and squares, but also in the mind of each of us. I have always believed that it will happen sooner or later, because the potential of self-preservation based on love is laid deep in the mentality of our people, just at the instinctive level. This was the basis for such a course of events.
– The film shows sharp social injustice, inequality … and – the victory of hope and life.
– We wanted to show that even under conditions of acute social injustice, inequality when the souls of people are full of despair, each of us is humane, has empathy and a desire to help the neighbor. After his inner rebirth an indifferent, selfish eccentric Lorik seeks at all costs to help a small patient Asya. He same happens with another character in the film – presidential candidate Kandilyan who after his rebirth tries to save fatally wounded Lorik.
– The film “Lorik” also shows the viewer that one should never lose hope for good … This film is in harmony with today’s Armenian Spring – the spring of change and hope…
– Currently in the days of great, historical changes in Armenia our society has finally awakened. Actually anyone who has not stayed indifferent, and this is the overwhelming majority of our people living within and beyond the country has passed the path of our character – Lorik. I believe that the feeling of self-awareness and the spirit of unity that is alive in the people will help to build a new society. And faith, as the Apostle Paul said, “is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. (Hebrews 11: 11).